You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1986860 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 Install: Delta H4 Bulb Conversion « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Install: Delta H4 Bulb Conversion Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Introduction

After using the same factory installed stock headlights for over 7 years, I decided to give the Delta H4 conversion a try. It was under $50 and the conversion allows different brands of bulbs available in the H4 type, such as IPF Fatboy. ;)

Packaging

You can see how the lights are packaged.

Comparison

Tools and Parts Needed

Torx Set
Delta H4 Conversion Kit
Dielectric Grease
Electrical Connection Cleaner

Job Hours
<30 Minutes

Procedure

1. Remove the 3 torx screws holding the headlight trim piece.

2. Remove the Trim Piece, consult how the trim piece is held in place in the picture shown below. There are tabs all the way around the trim piece.

3. Remove the harness for the headlight. It can be accessed from the engine compartment. Yours will look different from mine but I have marked the location of the harness in the picture below.

4. Once removed you will see 3 other torx screws holding the headlight.

5. Remove the whole headlight and retainer assembly and separate the retainer ring from the headlight.

6. Transfer the headlight retainer onto the new headlight.

7. Install the new headlight. *The 3 holes for the 3 torx screws are spaced out differently so it will only mount one way.*

8. Install the headlight trim piece. *Note the trim piece will only seat square only when placed correctly.*

9. Clean the harness using the spray shown on the right and put some dielectric grease to prevent any corrosion. Reinstall the harness back on the new headlight.

10. Repeat the steps 1-9 on the other side. Check for proper operation and you are done!

Verdict

So was it worth it? At $50, I think so. I could tell the new headlights spread the beam on the road a lot better than the stock headlights!

If you got any questions post them here!

Disclaimer

I tried my best to document as much as possible along with pictures. I hope you find them useful. However, do use the information provided here "as-is". DailyDrivenTJ.com or the author does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, or process disclosed. Use the information at your own risk.
FifteenCents
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous
Famous

I have the IPF version. I like them.

The best thing is the replacement bulb is relatively small. You can keep one in your glovebox. So if one burns out on the trail or the way home you can keep the cops off of your butt. Also if you do catch a rock and break the lens the bulb will still work.

From a safety stand point it is better, worth the money. I dunno. They should be a lot cheaper... I think.

And if you break one you have to buy two to replace it, at least the IPF ones anyway.
tigertrack1600m
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to get some silvania silverstars, and i am aware that they have straight up replacement bulb sizes, but for the actual lens (glass structure) do jeeps require a "jeep specific", or would i just need a plane 7" one?
kizer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigertrack1600m wrote:
i am going to get some silvania silverstars, and i am aware that they have straight up replacement bulb sizes, but for the actual lens (glass structure) do jeeps require a "jeep specific", or would i just need a plane 7" one?

Ive spoke with a few people that have/do run the Silverstars. So far the verdict has been aprox 50/50 when it came to their happiness. Some say they work great and some say don't waste your money go with a different setup.

Ive been personally Eyeballing these.
http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/f.....=roundeyes
kmas0n
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Sivania silverstars on my jeep and they are a big improvment over the stock yellowish lights, they are bright white, and have a much much more desireable beam pattern... very wide with a decent cutoff to avoid blinding oncomers. Oncoming traffic see's the bright white w/ just a tingle of blue/purple to it. Just the plane ole 7" one is all you need. not bad for $40, but I'll probably upgrade to something that can take the H4 Fatboys.
xjtke611
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running the IPF conversion with silverstar H4 bulbs. (The silverstars are fine a little on the pricey side though.) Huge difference. Better light pattern. A lot more light. Day and night difference from stock.

Hella has a DOT H4 conversion if you are worried about being 'street' legal. http://www.rallylights.com/hella/7in.asp (and scroll down to Hella "Vision Plus" DOT...)

Do yourself a favor and do this mod next!!!!
William
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ran the Silverstars in 2 4-wheeled vehicles and 3 motorcycles, and can say from experience that they definately make a difference. I won't run anything else.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang