You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1986844 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 How's that supposed to work? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Whitecap
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: How's that supposed to work? Reply with quote

Learner
Learner

So now that I'm elbow-deep in this thing, I hope you guys don't mind if I pitch out a few stupid questions...

Quick-release pins on the antisway bar... What's the proper size for these things? Are they supposed to be really loose? The rattle with every bump in the road is starting to annoy.

What holds the glass hatch closed on a hardtop?
I picked up a damaged hardtop, fixed it, and I'm about to put it on the jeep for the winter, but I can't figure out what's supposed to hold the glass closed. Is there a fitting I need for the top of the tailgate or something?

I've heard rumor that all TJ gas tanks are actually the same physical shell, and that the vent tube length determines "capacity". Can someone point me to a link on how to go about changing the vent tube length? 150miles to a tank is going to get old quickly, and I figure I might as well get into this while I'm doing the exhaust.

What are you guys running for tire pressure? PO had the 31x10.5s at 33psi, which was just nutty. I ran my 4runner's 31s at 26, and that's gotta be 1500lbs heavier. I aired the TJ down to 30, which felt ok, now down to 27psi, which is starting to feel a bit sloppy.
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Which brand disconnect do you have?

The rear hatch is kept closed by the tail gate. So you would shut the glass hatch and then the tailgate. When opening, you will have to open the tailgate.

As far as the tank stuff goes, I have heard of it and it seems indeed true but mine came as 19gallon tank from the factory. So I have never bothered to look into it. If you ever find it, please post the information up here too!

I am running 26-27psi on all my tires but I would not get near 5psi of the maximum pressure.

HTH,

Michael
Whitecap
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learner
Learner

Which disconnect..... well it's nothing like some of the very slick aftermarket stuff I've seen since I first asked the question. Really, it just looks like a PO unbolted the stock connection and inserted these...

It's loose and jangly as all getout, so I think for now I'll just re-bolt the connection.

Another stupid question: With the defroster blowing on "High", is it supposed to sound like a souped-up dustbuster, or might I have some crap fluttering around in the system?

Stupid-random question: Along with the extra doors and floor mats and other debris that came along with the jeep, the PO passed over one of those metal "instatrunk" enclosures, but no fasteners. Does anyone know where I might pick up a set of wellnuts or something that might work in those hexagonal holes? I tried a set of those square plastic license plate anchors, but they're just too big.
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

I have tried those disconnects in my early jeep years. Don't waste your time in those unless you want to deal with clunks and rattles. I got Teraflex disconnects and it served me well without any problems.

For the second question, when you are describing the blower blowing on "high" do you mean on the defroster position blowing towards the windshield? or do you simply mean when you turn the blower at "high" setting.

I hear newer model TJs have quieter fans than older models. If the noise is loud at certain position on the vents, then I would suspect something is not working right yet, if the noise is not isolated to a position then it is just the blower beling loud.

Also for the instatruck, I think I had what you had. It is made of fully metal and weighs quite a bit with carpeting at the top of the lid. I believe these were factory option and your best bet is to go talk to dealer part guys.

Michael
J K-B
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Tech talk, rubber thingies Reply with quote

I put a used factory insta-trunk into my wifes jeep and found threaded rubber inserts that expanded when you tightened the screws, they worked great and were cheap at the local ACE hardware store
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang