You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1986849 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 1999 Jeep Wrangler Climate Control « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vtec0617
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: 1999 Jeep Wrangler Climate Control Reply with quote

I have a 1999 Sahara and the climate control keeps on going out. This is my second control unit. First time the wire from the function selector going to the blower speed switch over amped and melted the function switch. I broke the blower switch and decided to get a newer used unit altogether. Now the new one worked fine for a couple of weeks but now the high speed on the blower switch is not working. I do not want to have to buy a new switch without fixing the problem. I heard that the climate controls have a tendency of over amping and melting things. Can anyone offer me more information so I can fix the problem once and for all.
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Electrical problems are one of the hardest and worst to diagnose. Specially over the internet. I just don't have enough experience with climate control unit that I wouldn't know what to look for. Specially 99 and 98 has totally different system.

My experience with electrical problem was that the rear defroster won't work, I tried to find the problem for days but couldn't. Took it to the dealer they found the problem after poking around a whole day.

Or you can try look for TSB online. They might have something out for this particular problem.

Michael
vtec0617
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the tsb sites i have looked at want some money and i would perfer to wait a little longer. I took a look at it today in the light and saw that the blower plug melted at one of the thicker wire terminals. I think it might be the blower motor but I wont be able to take it to the dealership until next week. If i find anything out i will post it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang