You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1986849 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Install: Dash Mod - LEDs and Brushed Aluminum Faceplate « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SouthernMoose
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did the led mods a while ago

where did you order your leds???

i got mine from superbirghtleds.com and i have already had 3 fail on me

they only work 25% of the time

they worked flawlessley for 3 monthes then poof they went out
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

The overlay didn't take long to receive as long as I can remember. I did have a problem though. The first one came with dark rough edges. I think they might have missed a manufacturing procedure to finish up.

I got the LEDs from Autolumination.com and so far they are holding up.

LEDs are solid state devices that SHOULD easily out last any filamented lamp. You might have gotten a batch of bad LEDs. However, things made in China are not all that quality. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Michael
Wiggy
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if those LEDs will work on an '04? Also, do I need to order their base?

Last question and then I am out for now. I emailed the site about the overlay. Does anyone know if the design of the instrument cluster changed from '02 to '04? I know that some things changed, but am not too sure about the instrument cluster itself.
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

I don't think you will need the bulb bases. I purchased them any of them break in the process of tear down but I didn't need them.

I am not sure about the dash layout change. Can you post up the picture of your layout? I might be able to compare yours to mine.

Let me know!

Michael
Newbeme
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the company a week ago about the overlay and still haven't gotten a response. I hope you have better luck, 'cause I'd like to get one for my '05.
Wiggy
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried phoning the company today. The number was disconnected. I placed the order anyway. I hope it fits.

Here is a pic of my instrument panel.

DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Hmm.. just from the picture, I don't see anything different except for the red needles and MPH graduation done with dots instead of dashes.

Can you post up the picture of the dash when you turn the key to "on" position when all the lights turn on? This way I can make sure that you indeed have the same layout.

Michael
Wiggy
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the best picture in the world. This was taken with the lights on and the flash off.

DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Wiggy, sorry for not being too clear. When I turn my key to on position, all the lights in the dash tends to light up, including engine light, brake lights, air bag lights and etc.

I wanted a shot of that. I wanted to see relative position of those indicator lights.

At any rate, you are sorta late for asking these questions right? You already ordered! You do things like I do; order first ask questions later! :)

Let me know if you can get that shot or not. TTYL,

Michael
Wiggy
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Yeah it is a bit late. At least this way, others with 2003 - 2004, and possibly 2005s will know whether or not they will fit.

DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

I don't see anything that will be obstructed by the overlay.

Double check with the pictures I have posted in the write up. You can click on it and it will give you a bigger picture.

Michael
Wiggy
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My overlay has not come in yet. The LEDs came in yesterday. That part is a very easy install. However..... none of my gauges are working this morning. I need to pull the cluster out to see if one of the plugs are not seated properly. I sure hope that is the issue.

The ODO is showing NO BUS
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

That seems like the typical connection problem that occurs after the removal of the cluster for the first time.

I heard twisting the connector pins ever so slightly on the cluster helps with the connection.

Michael
Wiggy
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I will take my dumba$$ of the day award now. lol

There are two harness plugs on the back of the cluster. The white one was seated just fine. The black one was not plugged in at all. lol

Now I am just waiting on the overlay to get here.
Wiggy
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to report this, but it appears that CustomBezels.com is out of business. The site will not come up. I have an e-mail into them, but I don't think it will do much good.

If anyone knows of another place selling overlays for the TJ, please post up. I am searching, but have not found anything yet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang