You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1985234 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Install: Dash Mod - LEDs and Brushed Aluminum Faceplate « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SilverXJ
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact info for custombezels.com via whois:

Registrant: Make this info private
Fabtech
8415 S 700 W
Sandy, UT 84070
US

Domain Name: CUSTOMBEZELS.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
Balding, Casey
fireandicechicks@aol.com
8415 S 700 W
Sandy, UT 84070
US
Phone: 801-561-0070

Fabtech? WTF?
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

I have talked to the vendor via the email address provided above back in Feb.

They have ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Fire-an.....clZ0QQtZkm

Michael
Wiggy
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally received a response email from them. While they said that they shipped my overlay last week, I can find no record of them charging my card.

They also told me that like DailyDrivenTJ posted, the best way to purchase their products is through their FleaBay site.
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Wiggy wrote:
..They also told me that like DailyDrivenTJ posted, the best way to purchase their products is through their FleaBay site.

Do that and that leaves a lot of paper trail in case anything happens. Did you get them?
Wiggy
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not received an overlay from them yet. I think it slipped through the cracks in spite of their assertion that it shipped well over a week ago.

Edit: I e-mailed them and asked them to double check that it had been shipped as I have not seen a charge to my Visa or anything on PayPal. Their response was rather cryptic. They asked when exactly I ordered it, even though the order number was at the top of the e-mail.

Last edited by Wiggy on Sat May 12, 2007 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
scott00tj
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott00tj wrote:
I just ordered myself a carbon fiber overlay. I'll post a pic when I get it installed.

Well guys I'm sorry to say I won't have a pic of the carbon fiber setup. I canceled my order. After not hearing anything from them for over a month and having rather poor customer service about the status of the order I chose to cancel my order. Too bad, I really did want to have the overlay.
Newbeme
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to contact them twice now and still have no response. Once through their web site and once through Ebay. If you can't take the time to answer back, I'm not taking the time to order.
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Guys, it seems like I have introduced a lot of "bad" companies to deal with lately. I apologize. I must have gotten lucky.
Wiggy
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not your fault. I think all of us can recommend certain companies that worked out for us, but not others. The people who go into business online need to do a much better job of communicating to their customers and potential customers.

No worries!
tony
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: gauge overlay Reply with quote

hey guys, I ordered mine from the ebay store on may 19 and it showed up 3days later. it looks like it will fit up to 03 no problem :D
chris2798TJ
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that looks awsome I usually think doing stuff like that is ghetto but man I like it alot it looks great almost like it came from the factory.

Chris
iamrocketboy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: LED Reply with quote

When you did the LED light switch, did you buy the twist lock bases? For $.29 each or did you just buy the LED and use the old ones that were in the car. Do I need to but them?
Wiggy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased the LEDs, and used the existing twist lock bases. Be VERY careful when putting the LEDs into the bases. Don't try and force them or you may break one. Just use steady pressure.
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: LED Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

iamrocketboy wrote:
When you did the LED light switch, did you buy the twist lock bases? For $.29 each or did you just buy the LED and use the old ones that were in the car. Do I need to but them?

I reused the factory one. But I think the metal contact can break. I wouldn't order all the bases but order a couple just in case anything goes wrong during the disassembly since it is not all that expensive and all.
rienzio
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just stumbled onto your site. Pretty neat and useful to those of us who drive XJs daily, too.

When I first saw that switch on top of the steering column trim, i thought you had swapped out your factory hazard light switch. I might try that on my XJ, as I hate fishing thru the steering wheel to give a trucker a couple "hasta later/ thanks/ or you're clear" blinks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang