You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

2054843 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 Sway Bars??? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rroadkilll
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Sway Bars??? Reply with quote

Famous
Famous

I installed front swaybar disconnects, what a differance, and went on a trail ride Saturday... Long story short, my stock (no lift) tj went up a hill that a lifted YJ w/ 33's had to be pulled up!!! He did not have swaybar disconnects!!!

My question is can a TJ disconnect the rear swaybar? and would it help?
FifteenCents
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous
Famous

You can not put rear sway bar disconnects on a TJ.

The sway bar keeps your rear axle from drooping too far on one side. With the sway bar disconnected with one tire all the way up and the other all the way down. The down side spring can and most proabably fall out.

That is with stock springs. I dunno what would happen if you had taller springs.
FifteenCents
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous
Famous

He would proabably need front and rear track bar disconnects, revolver shackles, and sway bar disconnects to get the articulation you have stock with just front sway bar disconnects.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang