You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

2102299 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Request for AA Tcase Shifter Write Up [REQ. GRANTED!] « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dbbd1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Helped!
I Helped!

May have to give this a try. This should work for a 2.5" suspension lift too, right?
DailyDrivenTJ.com
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Founder
Site Founder

Welcome!

The purpose of this mod is to free the transfer case shifter's pivoting point from the body which can cause noise over time with worn joints in the body side as the drivetrain moves around. OR if you got body lift it can cause binding of the shifter mechanism as the pivot shifts as the body is raised.

So to answer your question, as far as I can tell, this will work for any type of lift unless you are going tummy tuck. However, I don't see why you would need one if you don't have any problem with the shifter though.

I had some sqeaks and clunks before doing this mod IIRC.

-mk
thinkpaduser
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Helped!
I Helped!

I have a body lift 1" and a 5.5" susp. lift with no issues. I purchased mine from Skyjacker in Louisiana. This mod will eliminate the rattle and it is much easier to shift in and out of 2H-4H-4L
dbbd1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Helped!
I Helped!

Just got done doing this and will adjust the linkage and test it out on Saturday. Great idea!
dbbd1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Helped!
I Helped!

Almost forgot. It must be bracket 2.0 because I did not have to do any grinding for my '03 sport.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang